Friday, February 6, 2015

Happy

Hello Everyone,
I hope this finds you all well & happy! I was asked to make a Birthday card for a girl turning 19, well I always seem to stumble a little with the teen cards, does anyone else have this problem? This time I am very happy and I really hope the recipient will be too.
 I started with the balloons stencil and distress ink, using evergreen bough very lightly and then some peacock feathers at the bottom and edges, then spun sugar and picked raspberry with the same technique for the other balloon. I stamped the strings & small sentiment in London fog Memento ink.
For the die cut word Happy and my stitched frame, I blended  the distress inks on white cardstock and cut them out. I die cut some little stars and the tails top & bottom from some American crafts silver glitter paper, I then used the other stencil in the set to do some pink diagonal stripes for two of the corners.
They are also featuring Hero Art products, and that's where my inside sentiment is from
I also added a little label on the other side to finish the card off
I almost forgot, I added some clear wink of stellar glitter pen to the word Happy on the front and 19 today words.
Supplies
Simon Says Stamp - Stitched Rectangles, Balloon & Patterns Stencils pack, Happy word die, Celebrate Stamp set & dies.
Distress Inks - Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry.
Lawn Fawn - star dies and stamps.

I hope you like my creation today, and thank you for all the wonderful comments, they truly make my day and boost me along.




3 comments:

  1. Wow, your balloons look amazing !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Cheryl! luv this, so fun...sweet balloons! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life...sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! I absolutely LOVE the inside of the card! I am so guilty of forgetting about the inside of cards.. but your card has definitely inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you think of my creations!