Thursday, January 19, 2012

In The Garden Of Love

Hi Everyone,
I would like to show you all a card I have made, and in the last few days I have been learning a couple of new techniques , and I have included both in this creation.
Firstly I have blended two digital images , the images I have used are CC Designs Birgitta Blowing Hearts isn't she adorable ! and the lovely background is from Make it Crafty and is called Tulip Garden . I followed a tutorial by the owner of Make it Crafty Zoe and you can find it Here
Next is the grass , I have had a few goes at creating grass , but mine was pretty basic, then I saw a card done by Pops , and OMG it was beautiful.This is the card I am referring to Here
Pops has a tutorial on how she creates her grass Here
It still amazes me how wonderfully helpful everyone is in our craft world. I didn't see Pops tutorials tab at first and I emailed her to get some advise , well she pointed me in the right direction and was so very nice , it didn't seem to bother her at all, so I would like to say a huge thank you, as I am really pleased with my results, I didn't have all the right colours that Pops used so I looked them up on the copic colour chart and chose the closest colours that I had.


Card Recipe
Digital Stamps - CC Designs and Make it Crafty
DP - Kaisercraft Sweets ? ( I think )
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon & Lace - from my stash
Chipboard Heart - Kaisercraft ( I think )
Dies - Spellbinder scalloped circles / heart circles 
Copic's and Prisma pencils to colour and I didn't write down the colours I used and I am so mad at myself.
The sentiment is computer generated.

I would like to enter the following Challenge

Thanks for stopping by


11 comments:

  1. morning sweetie, this is gorgeous, I so love this image too, great colours on your fabulous grass sweetie I am so proud you gave it a go, it looks fabulous hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Cheryl, fabulous card with those new techniques and love the grass. It's been so long since I created something - must extract the digit lol.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy oh boy Cheryl this card is beautiful. First I love this adorable image as well as the background one. You did a fabulous job putting them together.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! this is Gorgeous Cheryl !! I love the image - she's adorable!! and the grass is awesome!! Beautiful papers and I love all your embellishments - the heart is fab! it's a really sweet card!
    Hope you have a nice Friday!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your card is beatuiful!
    Lovely details!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
    Hugs Anne Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl! She's a doll! I haven't colored this one yet but I have to! She's so cute! TFS! Wonderful scene creating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Cheryl, love the heart, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cheryl, I love scene cards and this is just gorgeous! thanks for the lovely comment on my blog - the next six weeks cannot come fast enough - although I made a list of the cards I need for the coming months... I'm going to be very busy at my desk (until I no longer fit under it LOL) have a lovely wkd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cheryl, wow your cards are so beautiful and love your blog. I am now following you that I can come back and visit you. Thamk you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. Would love to know what part of OZ you come from, I used to live in N.S.W before coming back to live in England. I really do miss OZ. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Cheryl!
    Hugs, Kelly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl this card is absolutely stunning!!!. What a clever you for using two seperate images. Thanks for the link tips I will go see them (needing help with those colouring skills lol). Everything really pops out on the card and whoever receive's it will be made up. Big hugs my friend, love Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you think of my creations!