Sunday, November 27, 2011

You may be seeing double!

Hi Everyone,
Well I know that I posted a card with this image last time and I really should have mixed it up a bit, but I have a very good reason. I have been looking at these sorts of cards all over blog land for a while and finally thought I just had to give it a go. Also I wanted something extra special for my daughter for Christmas and Reindeer Tilda is sooo cute!
I have used copic's & prisma pencils to colour tilda then masked her and sponged around her with Memento Cantaloupe ink, for all the edges I used Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink to go with the gorgeous Kaisercraft DP December 25th and the Snowflake DP is from Pink Petticoat Digi paper. WOC Challenge this week would like to see A Childs Christmas and I have used there gorgeous small gold corners and Autumn Gold roses and the delicate cream lace.
Just Magnolia Challenge  wanted to see Ribbons this time around and I have heaps of ribbons on this one inside and out. The sentiment is a freebie from Bizzy Bec online store blog, these are so great I have used them all the time this Christmas.
Here's the inside front with a tag and computer generated note for my Daughter. All over this card I have used a Magnolia doo hickey die for the borders, I adore this little edge it's so sweet.
And here's the other side, where the fun bit comes in , I made the little box  for a  little gift to go in, I keep thinking either earrings or chocolates ( Brittney loves both ) I used some acetate for the lid and stamped a couple of flourishes in the corners and a cuttlebug die for the ornament shape , but I sort  of covered it up with the ribbons.
It's a bit of photo overload today , but I was trying to show you the dimensions of my creation. 
I havn't got my list of colours used this time because I had a mini disaster, I actually knocked over a cup of coffee on my craft desk . Luckily I had just moved the card and it only got all the scraps but my colours were on the scraps, also it did end up in the computer keyboard , that's now in the bin and my son had a spare thankfully. 
I hope you could stay with me for this extra long post, I wanted to show you what I have been up to since I hadn't posted for a while. Welcome to my new followers, it's very exciting to see new faces on the list.

I would like to enter the following challenges 
Wild Orchid Crafts Week 37 - A Childs Christmas

Thanks for stopping by and all the lovely comments you leave me , I love reading them.
Big Hugs Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love your colours ♥ Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl, Wow! this is so gorgeous!! what a fab design! Love the Tilda image - she is a cutie and you've coloured her perfectly. Beautiful papers and embellishments. Love the design with the tag inside - so pretty and extra special for your lovely daughter!! and yes I think choccies or earrings would look very good inside!!!
    This really is stunning - I love it!!
    Sorry to hear you spilt your coffee - sounds lucky that you had another keyboard.
    I love your Santa and Reindeer that goes across top of your blog!! always makes me smile!!
    Hope you're having a good weekend!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl ... What a gorgeous card ... I'm sure your daughter will just love this! Thank goodness for spare keyboards but when will someone please invent a keyboard that won't 'die' if you spill something on/in it lol. Hope all is going well on Bizzy Becs DT and that you had a great weekend ... Julie :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your card is gorgeous!
    So many lovely details!
    Love it ♥
    Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
    Hugs Anne Kristine

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you think of my creations!