Monday, November 14, 2011

Reindeer Tilda

Hi Everyone,
I have another Christmas card to show you today, and it's not traditional at all! I started off with a vintage feel ,but then added a tiny bit of sparkle with my ribbon and a little silver reindeer charm. So still not sure about this one but here she is....
Reindeer Tilda is from the Merry Little Christmas Collection from Magnolia and I purchased her at Bizzy Bec's Online Store I have coloured her with copic markers and prisma pencils, I didn't have any background image for Tilda to sit on so I had to make up my own, I think it looks like a step that she is sitting on now. I have done a bit of shading around tilda with pencils only , I was trying to get the effect that she was in a room, need more practice with this lol, this room is pretty bare lol. The DP is Kaisercraft Tea at Elsie's pad
The embossing folder is cuttlebug . The border punch and branch are from MS , the gorgeous flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the reindeer charm is from Bunny Zoe's Craft, where the challenge this month is Anything Christmas with pearls     and I have used a couple of pearls to match my colourings.I have used a lot of Distress Ink on this card in Walnut Stain and Weathered Wood I really love the blue in the weathered wood . Tilda is cut out with nesties along with the sentiment tag, and the ribbon is from my stash.
Here's a close up of Tilda, I actually coloured her then found the blue a little too bright so I went over the top with N2 copic to tone it down a bit and found that this technique works really well. I have seen other people do it but this was the first time I had tried it myself. Sorry I am rambling on a bit lol.

I would like to enter the following challenges

Hooked on Craft Challenge 12- Something Punched
Simply Magnolia - Anything goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge 18 - Anything Christmas with pearls

Copic's and Prisma pencils used
E0000,000,00,25,30,33,40,41,43,44
B95.91
R01
YR21
N2
Colorless Blender
Henna,Peach Beige
Dark Brown , Light Umber
Copic Multi liner 0.03 for step.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Before I go I would like to say welcome to my new followers and thank you to all of you that leave me such wonderful comments, I really appreciate every one of them.
Big Hugs 
Cheryl


8 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely and still has a vintage feel. The colours are great and who doesn't like to add some bling! Thankyou for sharing with us at Simply Magnolia, Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is SO cute Cheryl! Tilda is adorable and you've coloured her beautifully. Gorgeous layout and papers and love the embossing, border, flowers, charm - I love it all !! I think it has a vintage feel and it's a Stunner!!
    Hope you have a great day!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a verry pretty card.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Magnolia

    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, your card is stunning. I adore the colours you have used and the flowers are the perfect addtion.
    Thank you for sharing and joining us at Hooked on craft challenges.
    Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl! This is toooooo cute! Love that sweet Tilda with the ears! haha! You did a fantastic job on this card!!!!
    Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this time around!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the blue and browns on this one Cheryl! thanks for all the lovely comments on my blog, have a great wk xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. she is such a sweetie Tilda Cheryl, gorgeous colours too...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you think of my creations!