Thursday, May 12, 2011

For You Mum

Hi Everyone,
Today I have a card to share with you all, I received my first order from the Magnolia-licious Store I used Secret Tilda and Magnolia Doo Hickey Die Old Swedish Lace, the store has everything imaginable for all your Magnolia cravings, if you havn’t already you must check them out. For You Mum
The background I created myself ( I didn’t have any DP in the colour that I wanted) I used Kaiser english rose stamp in a random pattern with ranger perfect pearls, I hope you can see it ok in the photo. I followed the sketch by the extremely talented Bev!

9thmaymumsarespecialsketch2This Sketch is for the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge #23 Mums are Special Sketch the flowers on my card are from WOC including the new sweetheart blossoms in white, they are the cutest little flowers I just love them. Wild Orchid Crafts is in the UK, if you are like me and live in Australia, don’t hesitate to place an order. They have excellent customer service and the shipping is very reasonable.
I coloured Tilda with copic markers G0000, RV0000, BV0000, E0000,000,00,44,42,50, R20, W00. I kept her very pale because I wanted the softer look, just a tip to any new copic users like me, when using the 0000 collection wait a little while between layers, because as they dry the colours become much more prominent.
IMG_0135
This is the inside of the card.
I would like to enter the following challenges
Magnolia-Licious Colour Challenge #7 – Black , White and One other colour ( I chose Mint )
Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge #23 – Mum’s are Special Sketch
Hope you have enjoyed looking at my creation, I would love to hear what you think.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with lovely layout. Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-licious and hope you will come play with us again for the next ones :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    Love the layout you used.
    You did an excellent job of making your design paper!!!
    Tilda is quite lovely and so are your embellishments :o)
    Thank you for joining in our Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, oh what a gorgeous card. Love the colour you've chosen to go with the B&W--they look wonderful together. Beautiful stamp you used to make your own DP--elegant design. Terrific job in putting this card together. Love it.
    Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card with fabulous coloring and i love all the pretty flowers that you've added thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. I love the soft green that you used with the black and white. Great flowers and embellishments! Thanks for participating in the Magnolia-licious Challenge. Linda C

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you think of my creations!